Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Historical Doll Project

  1. #1
    Felicity_Fan85
    Guest Felicity_Fan85's Avatar

    Post

    I haven't really, but I've started something similar. I have a long story I wrote with Susie as the main character but she is loosely based around me (she looks nothing like me), but her year is 1996 when she is 11. So she's not really too much in history, but she's like my age so it works. I started a second story too. I have to make a "meet" outfit for, but I have the stuff to make her necklace.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Gombe Gal's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2005
    Posts
    406
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yep, I am in the process of making a few. They are really fun! [img]smile.gif[/img]

    </font><ul type="square">[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Emmaline (#17) is a girl in 1894 who lives on a wannigan. She loves Little Woman.</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yu Ling Jing (#4) or Jade as she is sometimes called is a girl who comes over from China with her parents to work on the railroad.</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Juliana (#24) is a Jewish girl from Russia. Her mother and her live in the place serving Tsar Nicholas II.</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Tori (Nellie) is a girl during the War of 1812 or maybe involved in woman's suffrage. I haven't decided yet.</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My Marisol is a little different. Her project isn't historical, it's modern. She lives on a boat with her parents who are Marine Biologists, and study dolphins.</font>[/list]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And I've thought up projects for the girls I'm going to get one day.
    </font><ul type="square">[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm going to get Josefina, and have her be a girl from India, and her historical project is going to be a lot like Neela's.</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Kelsey (#22) is a Dutch girl in WWII. She is part of the Dutch resistance, and helps a wounded solider.</font>[/list]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've written (or are in the process of writing) stories for all these girls. Stories about the historical girl, and stories about the modern girl. You see, all the dolls I'm using for historical doll projects are also modern. They learn about their ancestor (the historical girl) in some way.

    I'm thinking of posting the stories soon, or maybe waiting until they are done.
    I'm done the first book of Emmaline's historical doll project, and it's called, Meet Emmaline. How creative! [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member agcollector293110's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2005
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I started one about 5 years ago...needless to say it never got anywhere. It was going to be about Japanese girl I think. I had always thought it would be cool to have a Kimono for her. I would like to do this again but I think it would definitaly be a summer project for me [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member anniebeez's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2006
    Posts
    280
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Gombe Gal:
    [*]Yu Ling Jing (#4) or Jade as she is sometimes called is a girl who comes over from China with her parents to work on the railroad.(QUOTE)


    This is my vote for AG's next historical girl.I think this would be a great era of history, with lots of scope for products etc. The contribution the Chinese made to connecting our continent coast to coast is undervalued in some respects,it would be great to see girls learning more about that. And don't we all want to see a real asian historical girl?

    [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
    ~Annie

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ March 12, 2006 05:47 PM: Message edited by: anniebeez ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Peachysweetdream's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2002
    Posts
    389
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I LOVE historical doll projects... both doing my own and reading/seeing others. There have been some darn creative projects on this board!

    Mine wasn't quite as cool as most... I made one on the Chinese legend/myth of Fa Mulan using the Asian AGT. I tried to do a 1920s one based on my grandmother, but I lost dedication/patience rather quickly. [img]redface.gif[/img]

    Hope people start making them (and posting their work!) again... they're so much fun! Good luck if you're starting one. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member auri's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2004
    Posts
    543
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That sounds like a terrific project! Since your doll lives in 1812, you might want to check out sites devoted to Jane Austen. You'll find tons of information about how people spoke, dressed, what they ate, what their houses were like, etc.

    By the way, in my opinion the Regency era clothes are the most beautiful of any period. I'd love to see some of the talented doll dressmakers do more of them (hint, hint). [img]smile.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    MissCurlyCat
    Guest MissCurlyCat's Avatar

    Post

    Oh!!! An one more thing to add! make sure your that in your story the main character has a friend!

    AG stories always have a plot that revolves around friendship.

    I would love too see some stories by this board! I know of this great site you can put them on too. It's called: http://www.fanfiction.net/. After you register you have to wait 3 days before you can put a story on there. it's a fun site, there even some AG fan fic on it too! Even romantic Felicity and Ben fan fic, not that I read it though..... [img]smile.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ March 12, 2006 07:23 PM: Message edited by: MissCurlyCat ]</font>

  8. #8
    Inactive Member AgLight's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2005
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow, you all have great ideas! I've been researching stuff about her recently and it's pretty hard. Finally I found a good site! So far I know that she is going to try and get in school, but I have no idea about the friend.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member WhimsicalGypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10th, 2006
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've kind of done this...I've made two AGTs into girls from two of my favorite novels.

    AGT4 is Chiyo, a young girl sold by her dying father to a Geisha house. Despite alot of hardships, she grows up to the legendary Geisha Sayuri. She is currently wearing the Carpatina kimono, though I need to make a new obi for it that would be more realistic. (Not meant as a dish at them, their stuff is beautiful in quality and I will continue to collect from them!) One of my study obsessions is Geisha, so proper kitsuke (dressing) is important even for my dollies! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    AGT25 is Morgaine, the half sister of the epic King Arthur and Priestess of the magical island of Avalon. At her age in my mind, she's just come to Avalon and is training to become a priestess, which according to the book would make her about 11 years old. What book, you ask? The Mists Of Avalon! If you haven't read it, run out and get a copy. It's a beautiful, moving, spiritual story of strong women who come from all sides of life. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    (Last name change, I promise...I'm starting to make myself dizzy too, but I had to get one that felt "right")

    If I do another fandom/project doll, I think I will make one of an RPG character of mine from Star Wars. AGT20 (Curly blond hair?) would be perfect for her!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Bean Bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2006
    Posts
    465
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I want to work on a 1964 girl right now. I've got some outfits planned, and a story or two, but I needs to do me some more research.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •